The Supply Accessories team in Costa Mesa, California is growing! We are looking for an experienced Designer to design and deliver packaging, marketing collateral, create product graphics and assist with headwear and accessories design. The candidate will be a core support role to the creative team.
The ideal candidate will be able to design exceptionally well within a brand guideline yet knows how to evolve design and graphics when challenged to do so. Must be a team player, motivated self-starter who independently prioritizes projects and consistently meets deadlines. Projects include packaging refreshes, new category package design, catalog creation, collateral work such as renderings, sell sheets, and retail point of sale and assist with headwear and accessories design.
As we are a collaborative team working with physical goods, office time is required for this position.
Essential Day to Day Function:
• Create seasonal headwear and accessories catalog for the Hurley brand 4 times a year.
• Produce packaging designs for new products and line extensions for headwear and accessories categories.
• Capable of creating artwork with a small team at any stage, from concept ideation to final print.
• Complete design updates: updating artwork, routing for internal approvals, releasing artwork to printers, and approving proofs/protos.
• Contribute to and support Sr. Designer in the development of headwear and accessories design.
• Produce sales support deliverables related to headwear and accessories design projects.
• Maintain product image library: create, maintain, and share images of brand assets, packaging assets, and sales support deliverables.
• Ensure designs align with the brief and brand guidelines.
• Create retail POGs and in-store merchandising as needed.
• Assist the sales team with any creative request needed for buyer meetings.
• Bachelor’s Degree - commercial art / graphic design or equivalent experience.
• 3+ years of experience in graphic design related to marketing materials such as catalogs and packaging
• Strong Knowledge in Adobe CC: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat.
• Knowledge of printing technologies and methodologies in packaging.
• Interest in learning headwear and accessories design.
• Excellent upward communication, time management, and organization skills.
• Awareness of the latest design trends and when to apply them.
• Efficient and detail-oriented.
• Portfolio link or PDF during submission.
Please submit resume and portfolio / link to portfolio through the one and only Malakye