Team member of the FP&A group responsible for costing and inventory accounting and analysis.
1. Responsible for K2 Sports inventory & cost accounting. Including standard cost development, maintenance and analysis. Monitors inventory & standard costs compared to actuals. Identifies variances and researches them for an explanation.
2. Assists in the closing of K2 Seattle's books, including the preparation of necessary journal entries, reconciliations, accruals, and balancing of the general ledger. Maintains ledger analysis and a detailed understanding of general ledger account balances.
3. Supports the Director of Finance in developing and analysis of the global transfer pricing strategy and policy. Builds the company intercompany sales and margin budget/forecast. Updates and maintains transfer pricing analysis throughout the year. Continuous monitoring of the intercompany sales and margin forecast and actuals according the financial planning calendar. Point person for intercompany transfer pricing and costing communication for budgeting and business operations
4. Coordinates year-end physical inventories for the US. Responsible for research and explanation of differences between the perpetual inventory records and the general ledger. Maintains and audits cost files for all finished goods and manufacturing part numbers including material, labor, and overhead breakdown for accuracy. Responsible for inventory control and valuation.
5. Supports the FP&A, development & PLM groups, assisting in the understanding of financial information in addition to the identification of costing issues or opportunities. Analyzes trends, variances, and any problem areas and provides information on alternative methods and/or procedures.
6. Assists in the coordination of the external audit activities including all supporting schedules and documentation as required. Remains up-to-date on all accounting principles and practices, and recommends improved methods and procedures.
7. Assists the Director of Finance with other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor degree in accounting or finance required. 3+ years in a standard costing manufacturing environment or cost accounting experience a plus. ERP, Tableau (or other BI Tool) and Excel experience required.