You’re an original. So are we.
We’re a company of people who like to forge our own path. We invented the blue jean in 1873, and we reinvented khaki pants in 1986. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines in manufacturing. And we build sustainability into everything we do. Our brands stand for freedom and self-expression around the world.
Where we lead, others follow. For more than 160 years, we’ve used the strength of our brands to lead with our values and improve the world. We employ more than 15,000 people globally to support our great brands: Levi’s®, Dockers®, Denizen® and Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.™
As part of LS&Co strategy to confirm our vision for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence, the current position is open within the Global Supply Chain Management organization, specifically the Global Merch Planning, Supply and Inventory management. You will be a part of the Demand & Supply Planning Data Science team. As a Data Engineer you will work with different functions within the organization to help build strategic computational planning capabilities.
You will be tasked with designing and developing architectures for machine learning & automation applications such as ETL functions, compute infrastructure, parallelization, and optimization of DevOps procedures.
We are looking for candidates who can guide the evolution of our technology systems from batch to real-time, upgrade our custom one-to-one integrations to scalable many-to-many connections, promote the shift from centrally-managed infrastructure to self-serve tools that enable easy experimentation and automate the management of processes and infrastructure.
Desired education and work experience:??
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in engineering, computer science, applied mathematics, or related fields.
• A minimum 5 years professional and hands-on experience in data engineering in the field of consumer goods, tech industry or retail industry.
• Write clean code for scalable, efficient, automated processes for predictive modeling and optimization.
• Work closely with data scientists and analysts to create and deploy new features.
• Monitor out primary infrastructure enhancements regarding architecture, processes, standards, and tools.
• Mentor and educate team members to adopt best practices in writing clean production code.
• Support data architecture, define database schemas (Graph DB, SQL, NoSQL), create ETL pipelines, produce reports/insights, guide algorithm scalability and deployment.
• Participate in architecture working sessions to ensure the robustness of our solutions design for a successful deployment.
• Ensure data privacy and security compliance, and high availability in the cloud.
Required technical skills:
You will have relevant working experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Python and Service Oriented Architectures, and experience with at least one of the following (or similar) technologies per category:
• Environment: Azure, AWS, GCP, Linux.
• Agile and other development processes and methodologies.
• Databases: Redis, MongoDB, DynamoDB, ELK stack, Redshift, AWS Aurora
• Data Processing: Spectrum, Athena, Spark, Glue
• Orchestration: AWS State Machine, Data Pipeline, Airflow
• API: Flask, AWS API Gateway, Swagger, Waitress, UWSGI
• Config: Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Chef
• Monitoring: CloudWatch, statsD
• ML frameworks: Scikit-learn, Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch, MXNet
We put a lot of thought into our programs to provide you with a benefits package that matters. Whether it is for medical care, taking time off, improving your health or planning for retirement, we've got you covered. Here's a small snapshot:
• 401K match: $1.25 for every $1.00 you contribute up to the first 6% of pay you save.
• Five hours of paid volunteer time per month with nonprofit organizations
• Product discount of 40% off regular-price merchandise
Our policy is to provide equal opportunity to all persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, marital or family status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected classes prohibited by applicable law. Company policy prohibits harassment of applicants or employees on the basis of any protected classes.
LOCATION1155 Battery St. San Francisco, CA, 94111FULL TIME/PART TIMEFull time