At Levi Strauss & Co, we are revolutionizing the apparel business and redefining the way denim is made.
We are taking one of the world’s most iconic brands into the next century: from creating machine learning-powered denim finishes to using block-chain for our factory workers’ wellbeing, to building algorithms to better meet the needs of our consumers and optimize our supply chain.
Be a pioneer in the fashion industry by joining our global Data, Analytics & AI “startup with assets,” where you will have the chance to build exciting solutions that will impact our European business and at the same time be part of a bigger, across-continents, data community.
We are looking for a Data engineer based in our European headquarter in Diegem, Belgium. In this role you will build a solid data foundation that powers the entire spectrum from Business Intelligence to Artificial Intelligence. You’ll be critical to helping us in our transition from batch to real-time, one-to-one to many-to-many connections, centrally-managed infrastructure to self-service tools that allow easy experimentation, and from manual to automated processes. You'll report to the European Lead for Data Analytics & AI.
You will work closely with the Data Science and AI team and focus on enablement and acceleration of new and existing workflows. You are someone who will bring thoughtful perspective, empathy, creativity, and a positive attitude to solve problems at scale; and looking to extend software engineering skills into the field of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence.
• Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for data analyses, model development, validation and implementation
• Work closely with data scientists and analysts to create and deploy new features
• Write efficient and well-organized software to ship products in an iterative, continual-release environment
• Monitor and plan out core infrastructure enhancements
• Contribute to and promote good software engineering practices across the team
• Mentor and educate team members to adopt best practices in writing and maintaining production code
• Communicate clearly and effectively to technical and non-technical audiences
• Actively contribute to and re-use community best practices
• Embody the values and passions that characterize Levi Strauss & Co., with empathy to engage with colleagues from a wide range of backgrounds
• University or advanced degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or a related field
• Strong experience working with a variety of relational SQL and NoSQL databases
• Strong experience working with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
• Experience with at least one cloud provider solution (AWS, GCP, Azure)
• Strong experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
• Ability to work in Linux environment
• Experience working with APIs
• Strong knowledge of data pipeline and workflow management tools
• Expertise in standard software engineering methodology, e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation
• Experience creating ETL processes that prepare data for consumption appropriately
• Experience in setting up, maintaining and optimizing databases for production usage in reporting, analysis and ML applications
• Working in a collaborative environment and interacting effectively with technical and non-technical team members equally well
• Relevant working experience with Docker and Kubernetes preferred
• Ability to work with ML frameworks preferred
What we offer:
• Great work experience in an international, energetic and fun environment
• An opportunity to work for the world’s number one denim brand
• Great chance to grow professionally and learn in this dynamic role with high exposure to senior leadership
• Informal dress code – wear what you love!
LOCATIONZaventem, BelgiumFULL TIME/PART TIMEFull time