You’re an original. So are we.
We’re a company of people who like to forge our own path. We invented the blue jean in 1873, and we reinvented khaki pants in 1986. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines in manufacturing. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do. Our brands stand for freedom and self-expression around the world.
Where we lead, others follow. For more than 160 years, we’ve used the strength of our brands to lead with our values and make an outsized impact on the world. We employ more than 15,000 people globally to support our great brands: Levi’s®, Dockers®, Denizen® and Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.™
In this role as the Sr. Financial Analyst of SEC Reporting you will report to the Director of SEC Reporting. Your primary role is to assist in the development and preparation of the company's SEC filings and external reporting.
• Responsible for the end to end planning and preparation of the financial statements; assist in preparation of SEC filings, including Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, and other filings, as well as maintenance of supporting documentation for all SEC related disclosures
• Manage information request process to determine the information needed to support disclosures and appropriate follow-up procedures as necessary
• Prepare footnotes/schedules and perform tie-out process to ensure completeness and accuracy of SEC disclosures and supporting documentation
• Manage and review XBRL tagging for accuracy and completeness
• Manage quality control procedures to ensure consistency between XBRL Rendering and Edgar files
• Be a liaison with the external auditors to ensure that support and explanations for all requests are provided
• Complete disclosure checklist and other reporting checklists and procedures
• Perform consistency checks and tie outs on various financial external communications from different business stakeholders
• Stay abreast of changes and activities in the Company and the industry to ensure that their effects are properly reflected in the SEC filings and other deliverables
• Work cross-functionally with other groups and ensure compliance with SEC reporting requirements. Partner with Investor Relations, Legal, Finance, FP&A and others on deliverables and projects that affect financial reporting.
• Monitor and track US GAAP and SEC developments and evaluating the impacts of new accounting and reporting rules
• Assist with accounting research efforts related to the operations of a global public company, including the development of position papers on accounting matters
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field, CPA preferred
• 3+ years of experience; public accounting and/or financial accounting experience a plus
• Candidates with extensive experience may be considered for a Manager role
• Strong understanding of US GAAP and SEC accounting and reporting requirements
• Experience with Workiva Wdesk (formerly WebFilings) and Hyperion Financial Management a plus
• Attention to detail, strong work ethic, keen analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to learn new systems and processes quickly
• Demonstrated professional commitment, initiative, accountability and ownership of assignments
• Excellent time-management and organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to thrive in a team environment working with others but also appreciates working independently for periods of time and taking pride in getting things done
We put a lot of thought into our programs to provide you with a benefits package that matters. Whether it is for medical care, taking time off, improving your health or planning for retirement, we've got you covered. Here's a small snapshot:
• 401K match: $1.25 for every $1.00 you contribute up to the first 6% of pay you save.
• Five hours of paid volunteer time per month with nonprofit organizations
• Product discount of 50% off regular-price merchandise
Levi Strauss & Co. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Minorities, females, people with disabilities and veterans are highly encouraged to apply.
LOCATION1155 Battery St. San Francisco, CA, 94111FULL TIME/PART TIMEFull time