At Levi Strauss & Co, we are revolutionizing the apparel business and redefining the way denim is made.
We are taking one of the world’s most iconic brands into the next century:
from creating machine learning-powered denim finishes to using block-chain for our factory workers’ wellbeing, to building algorithms to better meet the needs of our consumers and optimize our supply chain.
Be a pioneer in the fashion industry by joining our global Data, Analytics & AI “startup with “assets,” where you will have the chance to build exciting solutions that will impact our Americas business and at the same time be part of a bigger, across-continents, data science community.
As a Data Scientist you will be a key part of the Data, Analytics and AI team and will create advanced analytics, machine learning, and AI solutions to better address our consumers’ needs while streamlining our processes and approaching the business in more innovative ways.
In this role, you will translate the needs of our cross-functional stakeholders into predictive models and actionable insights that will drive revenue and/or reduce cost, with emphasis on automation and business process improvement.
You will contribute to the global Data, Analytics & AI community, share your knowledge and leverage other colleagues’ experience.
About the Job:
• Develop analytical solutions / production-ready models that solve real business problems, taking account of business needs and technology/operations landscape
• Apply advanced analytics, machine learning, and AI techniques to derive business value from the full range of internal and external data sets, leveraging Cloud-based “Big Data” technology
• Translate complex data and methodology into strategic, operationally feasible insights and recommendations
• Communicate clearly and effectively to technical and non-technical audiences, verbally and visually, to create understanding, engagement, and buy-in
• Identify trends and opportunities to drive innovation, both in what we do and how we do it
• Document all code and approach; actively contribute to and re-use community best practices
• Be a great team player who embodies the values and passions that characterize Levi Strauss; have empathy to engage with colleagues from a wide variety of backgrounds
• Advanced Degree in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or an equivalent discipline required
• Experience in developing models and algorithms in a commercial environment with a track record of creating meaningful business impact
• Strong SQL and Python skills required; proficiency in at least one open-source programming language (R, Java, C++ or another) desirable
• Expertise in multivariate statistical modelling (e.g. clustering, regression, principal components and factor analysis, time-series forecasting, Bayesian methods) and machine learning (Random Forest, KNN, SVM, boosting and bagging, regularization etc.) required
• Experience with cloud computing platforms (AWS, GCP or other), or equivalent on-premise platform
• Ability to simultaneously coordinate and track multiple deliverables, tasks and dependencies across multiple stakeholders / business areas
• Experience with neural networks and deep learning, using frameworks such as TensorFlow, desirable
• Exposure to Deep Learning Models such as RNN/LSTM desirable
• Proficiency with data visualization tools (D3.js, R Shiny, Looker, Tableau or similar) desirable
• Proficiency with Spark or MapReduce
• Experience working in agile methodology
• Prior experience in retail or FMCG
LOCATION1155 Battery St. San Francisco, CA, 94111FULL TIME/PART TIMEFull time