FallTech is looking for a Procurement Sourcing Specialist to join our team.
As a Procurement Sourcing Specialist, you will be responsible for leading all New Product Development Sourcing with a strong knowledge in Project Management and Costing Analysis. You will also be responsible for existing product cost down to sourcing projects.
To be considered for this role, you will need to have manufacturing experience working with hard and soft goods for a minimum of 5 years.
• Identify saving opportunities and lead cross functional teams to drive down direct and indirect material cost
• Assist and/or host weekly sourcing project review meetings to monitor the projects progress
• Assist in developing supplier strategies that will deliver high quality, on-time delivery, and appropriately priced parts.
• Work closely with Engineering team on preparing Request for Quotation (RFQ) packages
• Create material savings that will generate improved margins for the business
• Support New Product Development and/or Introduce projects as the Procurement subject matter expert; evaluating, selecting, and negotiating with new vendors in support of engineering groups
• Work closely with buyer and sustain engineers to resolve delivery and quality issues
• Work with suppliers from different time zones. This might require conference calls with suppliers in the early morning or late in the night
• Quarterly track and update the major raw material cost sheets
• Monday track and update the major currency exchange rate
• Create purchase orders and track shipping status
• Monitor vendor On-Time Delivery (OTD) performance
• Other duties as assigned by managers
• Bachelor Degree in a related field or an equivalent of 5 years manufacturing related experience
• Must be able to independently execute and manage multiple projects to meet saving goals
• Proven success managing a transition project of one component or service to another source
• Demonstrated success in working with diverse cross-functional teams
• Proficiency with statistics, data analysis, and cost analysis.
• Strong negotiation, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
• Strong written, verbal, and collaboration skills.
• Hands-on, self-motivated, and self-starter with a strong work ethic and interpersonal skills
• Well organized, detail oriented with strong follow-up skills
• Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced and demanding manufacturing environment
• Able to work with complex BOM structures
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Working knowledge of MS Dynamics GP, MS Dynamics NAV, or other similar ERP systems
We are a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age.