Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
As a Demand Planning Analyst, you play a crucial role in ensuring that we have the right product at the right time to meet our customers’ needs and our business goals. You blend historical sales trends and patterns with insights from our Product and Sales teams to develop SKU level plans that reflect larger company objectives. You have a deep understanding of the end-to-end planning process and are a key partner in ensuring a smooth flow of information from consumer and retailer feedback to product planning and finally to demand planning implementation.
Organized and detail oriented, you are responsible for cleaning and connecting our sales and product data into manageable datasets that support our sales and demand modeling. You constantly strive to improve and streamline the flow of information and automate repetitive and unnecessary tasks.
You have a thorough understanding of the retailer mindset and are charged with collaborating with Sales and Product partners to identify patterns in the market and bring channel and product level insights to light. Visual and communicative, you are adept and comfortable in analysis and dashboard building in both Excel and Tableau. You have a knack for identifying trends and patterns in the data and are comfortable challenging assumptions. You thrive on collaboration and are a natural problem solver.
Product Demand Planning
• Act as a key contributor in the development of demand planning best practices to identify, standardize and automate key planning inputs.
• Maintain and improve forecasting models and methodology by reviewing historical sales trends, researching demand drivers, and developing forecast models.
• Assist Retail Sales Analysts as needed in channel specific planning tasks from the lens of historical forecast accuracy and bias trends.
• Lead cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated assumptions.
Demand Plan Data Management and Support
• Support monthly demand planning process through forecast input aggregation and summarization.
• Manage and maintain product line list attributes that support planning development.
• Collaborate with Sales, Product and Marketing as needed to gather cross-functional data and aggregate into usable data sets.
• Act as a subject matter expert for Brooks data reporting (EDW and Tableau based reports) with proficiency in reporting against forecast, invoice, orders, and sell-through data.
• Perform forecast data validation as needed and problem solve issues.
Ad hoc analyses, reporting and dashboard creation
• Own forecast and demand planning communication. Create dashboards to share weekly, monthly and quarterly forecast consumption, accuracy and other trends from the channel/product category level down to customer and SKU.
• Perform ongoing analytic projects in support of brand strategies and business operations optimization including quantitative research, modeling, analysis and communication as needed. Topics will include, but not limited to: long term demand forecast, short term replenishment, lost sale opportunities and ROI analysis.
• Other projects and responsibilities as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related discipline
• 3+ years of experience in a retail sales analysis/planning related field
• Tableau proficiency: dashboard design and creation, data cleaning with Tableau Prep
• Strong computer skills, including proven mastery of Microsoft office suite
• Excellent problem-solving skills and a resourceful professional style
• Well-developed quantitative skills with an aptitude for report-building, data mining, and interpretation
• Displays strong initiative with a curiosity for learning
• Innovative mindset and a tendency to challenge the norm
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work cross-functionally, demonstrating strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
• Demonstrates a passion for the running enthusiast and for leading an active lifestyle
• Embraces and lives the Brooks values!
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.
Apply for this job