Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
The Brooks Brand Creative Team imagines/designs/manifests creative concepts, campaigns, and assets that define and express the Brooks brand to runners across the globe, with a mission to inspire everyone to run their path to a better self. Web, social, video, print, retail, packaging, events—even porta potties—are our canvas.
You will create compelling, branded stories. Our tone and voice reflect our brand personality, so it’s essential for you to shape and uphold brand guidelines in order to maintain a strong, consistent brand presence across channels. The goal of our messaging is to create memorable moments through storytelling—the right words can empower and inspire runners to share in our joy and passion for running. And our audience can spot a phony — so we want to tell stories from the perspective of genuine runner insight.
As a Senior Digital Copywriter at Brooks, you will develop a wide range of copy, from in-depth feature stories, to bite-size content to digital headlines. To be a rock star in this role, you’ll be a creative talent who can champion your point of view while graciously building consensus. You must be a voracious learner; your colleagues will look to you for the details about our brand, our runners, and our creative style. Impeccable spelling, grammar, and proofreading skills are integral to the role.
• Write copy and stories in the voice of the Brooks brand and advocate and champion globally.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to plan and create the copy content for our growing longform storytelling on the web
• Occasionally create storytelling for seasonal product launches, including concepting, creative development, and Seasonal Creative Guides – in partnership with Senior Manager, Copy, Design Managers and other creatives across the organization.
• Build Brooks into the most-loved running brand and find new and better ways to connect with runners.
• Pitch stories, pursue all story angles, and uncover the weird, wonderful, and unexpectedly beautiful corners of running culture worldwide
• Mentor and support other copywriters, and partner with freelancers to ensure Brand Creative goals and deadlines are met.
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, ensuring that the team delivers exceptional creative on time, and on budget.
• Build and foster relationships with other team-members at Brooks to gain and maintain a current and deep understanding of what drives the brand, business and products.
• Collaborate with fellow copywriters and effectively brainstorm and partner with various Creative team members in the pursuit of the best possible runner-led content.
• Present ideas and concepts clearly and effectively to the Creative leadership team.
• Take initiative and ownership of assigned projects. Bring passion to creative problem solving and lead by example. Talk shop, ask questions, speak up, have a point of view, think strategically, champion the importance of detail, have fun, wear many hats, roll up your sleeves, and cultivate optimism. Go for a run with your team.
• An online portfolio demonstrating phenomenal creative excellence and a talent for storytelling. Please add your online portfolio link at the top of your resume when applying.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or additional years of relevant experience
• 5+ years’ experience crafting stories and writing copy that captivates and motivates people to take action.
• Must have copywriting and journalism experience in digital media
• Proven excellence at brand development and expression.
• Exceptionally high bar and a conviction that details matter.
• Fast and efficient, with proven project/time management skills; committed to meeting deadlines.
• Skillful at building relationships with genuine hunger for listening to stakeholders to gain understanding.
• Able to navigate all levels of the organization seamlessly and contribute leadership to diverse teams to achieve necessary results.
• Must possess a great attitude, sense of humor, and drive to live the Brooks brand.
• Ability to understand and empathize with the runner to develop loyal, engaging relationships with our customers and the Brooks community.
• Passionate participant in the running community a plus
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.
Apply for this job