Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
The Cash Applications Specialist is responsible for posting all payments that are received from our customers in our USA and Canadian divisions using Lawson M3 ERP system. In this role, you will monitor, analyze and maintain Excel spreadsheets on daily cash receipts. As a member of the Credit team, you will also be responsible for documenting chargebacks and payment discrepancies with assistance from other members in the department.
• Post customer checks for lockbox batches, provide customer payment support documents as needed to the Credit Analysts and maintain cash tracking spreadsheets.
• Post ACH/EDI payments and retrieve customer details from the websites to ensure timely posting of receipts. Prepare electronic payments for uploading into the Lawson M3 system.
• Post customer credit card payments for the Canadian division from Billtrust.
• Post customer credit card/ACH payments for the US Billtrust.
• Post letter of credit payments.
• Approve debit and credit invoices for adjustments provided by customer service and other departments in Lawson M3.
• Review customer returns in Lawson M3 for values and release for invoicing.
• Post cash settlements from credit card, PayPal, and other electronic payment forms for ecommerce business.
• Research ecommerce payment discrepancies.
• Review, process and post inbound wires from international subsidiaries and distributors.
• Ensure payment components are captured including tax withholding, royalties, etc.
• Investigate and resolve discrepancies
• Reconcile AR accounts monthly.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Associates Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business highly desired
• 2+ years experience working in Accounting or Finance, preferably in cash applications or similar role
• Strong organizational skills including the ability to multitask effectively and meet deadlines
• Solid problem solving skills and the ability to work independently
• Intermediate level Excel skills
• Exceptional customer-service and strong interpersonal skills, including working effectively with all levels of staff and external customers
• Good, clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
• Analytical skills with keen attention to detail in planning, organizing and executing tasks, while still seeing the big picture and understanding how all of the pieces fit together and affect one another.
• Demonstration of innovation and initiative, willing to explore new processes while maintaining focus on the regular tasks that need to be completed.
• Passionate participation in Brooks’ sports activities a plus, overridden by the ability to understand and empathize with the runner in order to develop loyal, engaging relationships with our customers and the Brooks community.
• Embraces and lives the Brooks values!
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.
Apply for this job