Assistant Manager of Ops, Forecasting, and Scheduling - Call Center
Posted Date: Nov-13-2019
Job ID: 14620
Job Type: Full Time
Job Function: Call Center
Store: Sales & Customer Support
What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success supporting the Operations Manager by providing leadership, motivation, and direction to the Operations Desk, aligning staff with key performance metrics and member expectations to achieve exceptional customer service outcomes. The Assistant Operations Manager directs daily contact center operations overseeing workload planning and operational production analysis to coordinate contact center labor and staffing plans. This position is also responsible for resource management and reallocation based on business needs and budgets. In addition, this job requires managing a team of Technical Specialists that are responsible for troubleshooting of technical issues, incident management, testing and hardware/software deployment within the contact center. This job creates, plans, and executes initiatives that support the co-op strategy and strives for operational efficiency and continuous improvement. This position models and leads expectations for daily operations, adequate and appropriate staffing in line with departmental budget, and establishes accountability across all levels of employees. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
• Identifies and communicates key responsibilities and practices to ensure the organization promotes a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, passion for customer service and teamwork to achieve business results
• Supports the implementation of company programs, procedures, methods and practices to promote REI key messages
• Continuously challenges and inspires employees to achieve business results and get to “next”
• Oversees training and development of employees directly and indirectly managed and makes effective staffing decisions
• Conducts and ensures the completion of performance reviews
• Provides coaching, direction, and leadership support to employees in order to achieve department, company and customer results.
• Establishes and maintains visibility within the department
• Monitors operational statistics, reports trends, variances, and issues, and takes appropriate action.
Bring your passion and expertise
• 5+ years experience in leadership, successfully leading a team of employees
• 5+ years experience in Operations or relevant experience in evaluation and development of key elements including but not limited to: Equipment, Labor Management, and Process Improvement
• 5+ years of previous retail, customer service/contact center or equivalent experience
• 2+ years experience developing analytics and production tracking
• 2+ years experience in Help Desk or Service Desk environment and ITIL Certification or equivalent experience preferred
• Ability to work a flexible schedule
• Experience with profit loss responsibility; preferred over $1M in expenses and with multiple operational disciplines
• Ability to understand and communicate variances to operations; which include but are not limited to finances, productivity, or customer service issues.
• Working knowledge and understanding of contact center channels: Phone, chat, email, social media, SMS and app messaging
• Working knowledge and understanding of common contact center tools including but not limited to: communication platforms, order management systems, CRM and Knowledge Management systems
• Continuous improvement mindset with an understanding of LEAN Six Sigma principles
At REI we offer an enviable work environment that Fortune Magazine has recognized on the "100 Best Places to Work" list since the award's inception – 23 years in a row! Sure, we work hard, but it’s balanced with time off to play—a strategy that works for us as we continue to grow and thrive. Want to enjoy a workplace where you can be yourself, be heard and be respected while having a job that challenges you? This is the place.
With more than 160 retail locations (and growing), REI offers unique competitive benefits to its more than 15,000 employees, including healthcare, gear and apparel discounts, free equipment rentals and challenge grants to help employees reach personal outdoor goals, generous retirement plan contributions, public transit subsidy, adoptions assistance, paid sabbaticals, and more.
REI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to job search