Fast Five - K2 Sports
December 11, 2018
K2 is one of the most iconic brands in Snowsports. It was founded on Vashon Island (a place I’ve always wanted to visit) back in 1962. What do you think that wooded forest island was like back in the early 60s when brothers Bill and Don Kirschner founded the company? It sure would be fun to experience a day in the life with them when they were first starting up. We can’t do that but we can present you with a quick Fast Five on the K2 group of brands, there are 10 of’em, and share some current job opportunities with you.
The K2 group recently brought on a new recruiter, Ling Weaver, who's ambitious, motivated, and focused on staffing the company with solid people. She's a natural networker and recruiter. K2 has 13 open positions on Malakye right now. Check the jobs out here and apply, then connect with Ling on Malakye to present yourself as a candidate.
K2 Sports (https://www.k2sports.com)
1. K2 is the home of 10 brands - K2 Skis, K2 Snowboarding, K2 Skates, Ride Snowboards, Line Skis, Full Tilt Boots, Backcountry Accessories, Atlas Snow-Shoe Co., Tubbs Snowshoes, and Madshus.
2. Kohlberg & Company, a private equity firm, purchased the group of brands from Newell Brands Inc in 2017 and industry veteran John Colonna is the president overseeing all brands sales, marketing, and product activities (that is a lot of work!)
3. The company is headquartered right in the hear of downtown Seattle (check out the exterior view of the HQ below. They’re up in there on the third floor)
4. The company mission is all about creating great product, “Our mission is to create the most innovative tools for our consumers to provide the best experiences, push the sports, and strengthen the culture.”
5. As a leader in the Snowsports industry K2 Sports is stacked with career opportunities and clearly defined goals to continue evolving and growing into the future. Check out the About section of their website to learn a lot more.