Fast Five - Seea
January 13, 2020
It’s fun to discover a brand doing something different. When Seea was founded back in 2011 by a couple of industry veterans they saw an opportunity to do something different and have been very successful with it. A unique brand aesthetic applied to a product category where that didn’t exist before paved the way to what Seea is today. The company is growing and frequently dips into Malakye to find new talent. Check out this fast five and give them a follow.
1. Seea was founded by two industry veterans in 2011 (wife and husband team of Amanda Chinchelli-Greer and Brian Greer) who saw an opportunity to create something different. The initial product line included all-in-one suits that combine boy-shorts and rash guards and two-piece bikinis designed to wear under a wetsuit. It’s a beautiful mix of retro silhouettes with dominating patterns and colors.
2. Seea’s product line has expanded to include the original surfsuits for under the wetsuit, and now actual wetsuits, bikinis & one-pieces, rashguards, apparel, and a kids line.
3. The company puts thoughtful and significant effort into its sustainability program using recycled polyster made from post-consumer plastic bottles, regenerated nylon fibre from fishnets, a neoprene alternative called Yulex, and a fabric made from upcycled cotton and polyester. You can learn more about it here.
4. Seea is headquartered in the heart of San Clemente’s surf industry corridor.
5. You can expect to see job opportunities from Seea ranging from design, brand management & marketing, sales, customer service, back end operations, and more.
Follow Seea here.
Network with people at Seea here.