Back to News
March 11, 2015
The agenda for the Global Skateboarding Summit in Istanbul, Turkey, May
22-24, was released today. For the first time, the global skateboarding
summit is called to bring all skateboarders, industry, international contests,
organizers, skate park builders, government organizations, TV networks and
skateboarding brands as they come together to help organize, share, make unions
and to prepare skateboarding for the future.
Held at the beautiful Conrad Hotel, attendees will be presented with
lectures, roundtable opportunities with some of the top international leaders
in skateboarding and related fields to address matters of general
concern. The three-day summit will seek to gain progress
and accomplish the following:
- Review the process for the establishment of the
structure for one world governing body for the sport.
- Set the parameters to hold the 1st General
Assembly of all Skateboarding entities worldwide.
- Basic universal principles of good governance of the
Olympic and sports movement.
- Implementation at the IF and national federation
NATIONAL GOVERNING BODIES
- Review the current status of existing national
federations and similar domestic organizations.
- Structure a process to provide organizational guidance
and assistance to comply with domestic and international requirements to
all those current and/or aspiring national federations. This process shall
strive to include and incorporate all relevant domestic skateboarding
parties and individuals.
SPECIFIC STRATEGIES FOR:
- The development of skateboarding within your country
- Working with your local government
- Skateboarding and social responsibility
- Sponsorship development on a local level
DISCIPLINES AND EVENTS
- Discuss and propose the officially accepted and
recognized disciplines and events.
- Develop their structures, rules, judging parameters,
- Determine uniform competition formats for domestic and
- Qualifications process
STANDARD SCORING SYSTEMS
Review and establish a universal scoring system for all domestic and
international competition that is objective, transparent and easily understood
by the skateboarding community the public in general and friendly for
- Role of the athlete
- Domestic and international
Provide leadership to help in the building of credible skate parks that work
for regular use and for competitions, meeting uniform standards and
state-of-the-art safety features.
Structure the development of educational material for easy access and
distribution for all members of the global skateboarding community; athletes,
administrators, officials, coaches, industry, safety, etc.
Utilization of social media to improve awareness of skateboarding.
Improving and growing positive PR in your markets.
INTERNATIONAL SPORTS ORGANIZATIONS
- International Olympic Committee
- National Olympic Committees
- International Federations
- Other International Multi-Sport Organizations
- National Federations/National Governing Bodies
ROUND TABLE DISCUSSIONS AND SMALLER-AUDIENCE PRESENTATIONS
Round tables led by renowned experts in their fields.
Topics and proposed presenters:
- Action sports events and today’s market
- Skateboarding TV production, latest trends
- Judging skateboarding contests
- Unveiling of new universal instant scoring system
- Permanent skate parks for contests and communities
- Action sports PR and the future
- Social media and skateboarding
- Pro tours
- Skateboarding For Hope and social responsibility
- Skateboarding and the Olympics how it will work
- Olympics and the next generation of youth
- Olympics new opportunities and how to take advantage
- Creating a proper representation of skateboarding
- Success story: Snowboarding and the Olympics;
what worked, what didn’t and what we learned
- Retailers in an Olympic world
- Sponsorships in skateboarding
- Improving the quality of skateboarding broadcasts,
video parts, filming and editing
- Understanding energy drinks and their strategy for
Additional component of the Summit will include a sponsors and industry
- Recognitions and awards
- Raffle of sponsor donations
TO VIEW THE FULL CONFERENCE SCHEDULE, PLEASE CLICK