Glendale, CA 91202 • 818.294.0398 • email@example.com • linkedin.com/in/elkrod
PROFILE: INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS
Expertise in Business development, Global expansion, Relationship building
Profit-driven sales leader with a 17+ year track record leading technological advancements in oil and gas, energy, and tradeshow industries. Career advancement in a series of increasingly accountable creative leadership roles including Director of Global Marketing, Division Manager, International Account Executive and New Business Development Manager. Proven ability to efficiently manage and deliver time-sensitive projects. 100% customer focused.
? Earned 25% growth in sales by signing up 3 new agents in record time for Europe, Middle East, and Mexico; provided training, direction, and negotiated contract with agents keeping commission at 10% versus 15% company average. Emerald Expositions.
? Bolstered $7.5M in sales per year by implementing and exceeding cold-calling strategy to set up 1-to-1 presentation to C-Level executives on a weekly basis providing benchmarking analysis. Pacific Rim Capital
? Identified niche market for customer and developed new partnership with Walmart representing 3 times regular volume per year while launching 2-stroke small engine oil product in 9 months. Lubrication Technologies
? $200M revenues per year, over 3 years, by opening up two subsidiaries in Mexico and Brazil from scratch; led transition with local distributor including negotiation, contract and hiring. Idemitsu
Demonstrated core competencies, broad-based strengths, and accomplishments in:
Relationship Building Sales KPI | Metrics
Strategic Management Global Product Management
Presentations International Laws | Rules
Market Insights Pricing | Vendor Management
Communication B2B | B2C Networking
CRM SalesForce Renewable Technologies
Cross-cultural Leadership | Coaching
Flexibility | Adaptability Emotional Intelligence
Education | Learning Fluency in English | Spanish
EXPERIENCE & ACHIEVEMENTS
Emerald Expositions Los Angeles, CA – New Business Development Manager • 05/2019 – present
$400M Emerald Expositions is the largest B2B tradeshow organizer in the USA with tradeshows in: Merchandise, Retail, Fashion, Machinery, CBD, Surfing, Jewelry, Houseware, Cosmetics, Pets, etc. 548 employees. Report to Executive VP of Sales & Marketing. 5 direct reports.
• Adapted during global pandemic by transitioning from face-to-face to virtual resulting in sales results being 6 times more digital exhibitors versus traditional offer within a 3-month window.
• Recognized by President and CEO as 3 out of 550 employees during annual meeting for creating specialized bilingual presentation (one in English and one in Spanish) to pivot quickly to selling the digital marketplace and new hybrid strategy.
• Increased customer volume 6 times higher by establishing new relationship with local government agencies to access and authorize subsidy for local customers to invest in US tradeshows with a 70% subsidy paid by government.
• Developed campaign with marketing to overcome fears, obstacles and to compassionately communicate message Post-Covid 19 for the region; volume of more than 500 calls and 1000+ emails completed in my regions.
• Exceeding sales quote by 109% and on target for nearly 200%.
Pacific Rim Capital Irvine, CA – International Account Executive • 03/2018 – 05/2019
$1B Pacific Rim Capital is North America’s largest independent lessor for Fortune 500 companies with leasing solutions for MHE, Agriculture, Fleet, IT Infrastructure, Capital Equipment, Renewable Energy. 67 employees. Reported to VP of Sales.
• Negotiated lease terms through competitive bidding for Mexico, Canada, and USA according to each country’s regulations.
• Collaborated with finance team on exchange rate policy for Home Depot Mexico for a $2.5M deal for 4-year term.
Elkin Rodriguez Consulting Los Angeles, CA – Independent Consultant • 01/2017 – 03/2018
Developed and deployed strategic plans, sales and marketing programs internationally for energy and oil industries.
Lubrication Technologies Los Angeles, CA – Business Development Manager • 10/2014 – 12/2016
Lubrication Technologies is the worldwide leader in small engine lubrication for the Power Sport, Marine, Power Equipment and Motorcycle industry with $250M revenues. 450 employees. Report to EVP of Sales. 1 direct report, Project Manager.
• Signed up exclusive distributor for the Caribbean region with sales of $2M per year.
• Logistics savings of 17% through improved distributor-blender contract for US customer and its new manufacturing facility in Mexico.
• Expanded sales 25% via recommendation, development and implementation of customized formula for unique need of the market in the off-road racing suspension segment.
Idemitsu Lubricants America Corp. Torrance, CA – Division Manager – International Business • 10/2006 – 10/2014
$66B Idemitsu is a 100 years old Japanese manufacturer of finished lubricants for a variety of applications including the automotive and industrial markets with over 59 offices worldwide. 9139 employees. Report to EVP of Sales. 8 direct reports.
• Earned prestigious Manager’s Award in 2010, 2012 and Shark Sales Award in 2013 for outstanding results; exceeded sales quota from 2008 to 2014 in a range of 15-34%.
• 16% sales revenue increase for the original equipment lubricant market in Mexico; identified lack of product knowledge opportunity and successfully trained 305 dealer employees in 1 year for new product technology.
• Managed all international Idemitsu affiliates worldwide buying from Idemitsu USA, including branches in Europe, Asia, Africa, Middle East and Latin America.
• Promoted to oversee the US aftermarket sales team consisting of 5 people and 3 International Account Managers of OEM sales in Brazil and Mexico; $400M total revenues.
• Introduced and presented the “train the trainer” program for Dealership Service Directors. Implemented in Honda Interactive Network: 1,200 dealers in USA and 150 dealers in Mexico.
• Earned $1M in first year revenue by creating local blending opportunity for international market never tried before with one of largest Japanese auto manufacturers.
Telscape Communications Inc. Monrovia, CA – Marketing Communications Manager • 06/2005 – 10/2006
Bergandi Machinery Co. El Monte, CA – Director of Global Marketing • 01/2004 – 06/2005
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
Marketing Certificate, University of California Berkeley • 07/1998 – 01/1999
BS, Industrial Engineering, Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, Columbia • 01/1993 – 06/1998